I will only do pay per click marketing (PPC) for a business or person in one industry in any given geographic area at a time.
Google, Bing and Yahoo clicks are offered auction style. If I work with more than one company offering the same product or service, going for the same search phrases and intent, I am essentially bidding one client against another client and would therefore be driving the cost per click upward each and every month!
Your competitors will be doing enough of that without having your Colorado PPC management consultant doing the same. So be sure to ask any pay per click management company if they work with others in the same industry. I’ve had clients ask this question with the obvious intent that they want a PPC company with experience in the field.
While that is a good thing, it can be very bad if the clients are all after the same pay per click marketing audience… especially for the client with less financial resources. Competition for clicks in most industries is getting fierce, given that Google, Bing and Yahoo only have so much room to show ads.
How do you define “exclusive” pay per click marketing?
I am careful to keep track of what each of our client’s goals are, as well as their industry and geographic hunting ground. My clients can be assured I won’t accept another commission to help other businesses that are competitors. Some divisions of clients and their PPC marketing traits:
- Specialty within industry
- Geographic, city, State and zip code
- Time of day they seek customers/clients; Morning, afternoon, evening, overnight, as well as time zone differences
- Seasonally; different businesses in the same industry may be oriented towards one holiday or another, or weather related objectives
- Price points; Some businesses only want to spend a little per click, while others have more leeway
- By device search; Going after searchers using a computer only, versus smartphone searchers
- Content network advertisers, versus Google search page advertising only
- Video ads versus Static display, or text only advertisers
- Channel differences; YouTube channel marketing, versus Google, versus Bing/Yahoo
- Display ads (graphic) versus text-ad-only advertisers
So the best way to be fair about our pay per click marketing in Colorado and other states, is to only take on one client per industry or specialty, within that industry per geographic area.
For instance I would only take on one attorney that handles personal injury in Colorado. But I could take on a different personal injury lawyer in Utah. Or if I had a personal injury lawyer who wanted only Denver cases, I could still work with another who wanted everywhere in Colorado except Denver. Some only want certain types of cases, in which case I could work with another who wants different clients.
Grab Your Geographic Area Now
It is in your best interest to contact me to arrange for my services now because a few times I have had somebody call me to work on their online advertising when I have just recently started working with a company who is a competitor.
I have had to turn them away because of it.
You should also be aware that not every internet marketing company has this morality policy. Most internet marketing companies will take on any work that comes their way regardless of the ethics involved. This is especially true in the pay per click marketing field.
Luckily I not only perform Denver pay per click management, but also work across Colorado and the nation, as well as Canadian territories. So I will never run out of geographical locations to help small businesses.