I Help Non Profits Advertise Effectively
Google provides an Advertising Grant for Non Profits that allows for up to $10,000 in free clicks per month!
I know, it sounds too good to be true, but it is true, you can look it up.
Use it to recruit volunteers, get donations, or raise awareness for your cause!
What’s the Catch?
No catch, it’s Google’s way to give back!
The program is through their Google Ad interface, but instead of paying for your search ads, Google is giving them to you for free! Of course some conditions apply… they don’t want your free clicks to overtake their paid advertisers.
I’ll fill you in on what those restrictions are, or you can just let me worry about that.
How I Help With Your Google Ad Grant
First, I can advise you on whether this grant is right for your organization before you spend valuable time to apply.
Second, I can help you to create a new website, or enhance your existing site to qualify for the ad grant.
Third, as a Certified Google Ad Partner I will help you:
- Setup and effective campaign structure, including keyword research
- Choose keyword phrases
- Write ad text
- Create effective landing pages that comply with quality score requirements of the grant program
- Monitor your campaign to ensure you are in compliance with Google’s rules
- Perform A/B testing and expansion so you can get the most out of your grant
- Report impressions, clicks, conversions (such as sign-ups, contact form fills, or donations) and phone calls.
I have been working with the Google Ad program (formerly Adwords) since 2004, and the ad grant program since 2016. I really enjoy working with Google Ads and with companies who are making a difference in people’s lives. Therefore, I offer a 25% discount off my usual rate for non profits involved in this program.
Jon’s been great to work with in helping us in managing our Ad grant for non-profits. The boost in finding volunteers for our program has been enormous. He’s been managing over 6,400 key phrases in over 250 ad groups with over one million ad impressions sending over 34,000 to our website in the past year. He does the whole project for us with almost no effort on our part after a little bit at the beginning. Highly recommend. ~ Jared Hansen, International Language Programs
Can We Do it Ourselves?
Yes, you can apply for the program yourself and set up an account.
As with everything Google does, things get complicated and overwhelming real quick! It is best to have an experienced Google Ad Manager to work with. You will want to enlist my help to set up your account, if for no other reason than because $10,000 of advertising means you can have a very large, comprehensive and complex campaign structure that must be tightly structured and highly organized to effectively work.
After I set it up, if you would like to take on the management, I offer the ability to call me for periodic reviews. I would recommend you have me look in at least once a month, to ensure compliance.
If you get out of compliance, Google may yank your grant! And, trust me when I say: they have several rules, that need to be adhered to, that are quite complex for amateurs.
What Do You Charge?
I charge fees based on how large your campaign is. The larger the setup, the greater the investment. A decent sized campaign could involve $1,000 or more of set up fees. The good news is you can start small and grow your campaign.
For around $250 I can get a campaign started.
A large campaign takes more to manage than a smaller one. Typical once a month look-ins will cost $75 a month, but an average budget is more like $200 a month.
Remember, you are getting the benefit of free clicks… up to $10,000 a month! Hiring an experienced manager will get you more clicks and better results.
Qualifying Non Profits Only
Some non profit organizations are not eligible for the advertising grant. You must apply to the Google grant program, and here are a few things that will cause your organization to be rejected:
- If your group is a governmental entity, a hospital or medical group, a school or academic institution.
- You must also agree to Google’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- You must have a live website with substantial size.
How to Get Started with Google Advertising Grants for Non Profits
Two ways to get started:
- Contact me to discuss the program, your operation and to get a quote
- Apply to Get a Google Ad Grant. Only do this if you already have a professional website, and you know how to properly classify your account. If you classify it wrong you will need to start the process over.
To learn more contact me, Jon Camrud, at 720-520-0639 for help and advice.