Converting your website to mobile compatibility is just one small part of the puzzle when considering upgrading your small business website.
Small business owners who are not in the field of internet communications often tend to think of websites in the traditional sense of a few pages created with the logo and description of a business, along with a few pages about their services and a contact page.
On the surface, people tend to focus on design and assume that newer sites are just about graphics. But the modern website scarcely resembles that traditonal model under the hood; especially with the advent of mobile web browsing. Converting your website to mobile is one of many things you can do to keep up with the effective websites of modern business.
Where to start?
- The new breed of website is a marketing tool that needs to be constantly changing. If a business hopes to be found online for anything other than their actual domain name, their website has to meet certain criteria.
- A website needs to be structured, programmatically, to include precise wording, in precise places, in the right order, in generally the right amount.
- Websites need to load fast.
- They need to show continual growth – this may be yearly, bi-annually, monthly, weekly, daily, (or even hourly for large sites like news organizations).
- Websites need to have extensions into the internet landscape, through directory pages and social media accounts.
- Your websites need to talk to Google! Giving Google updates whenever you make changes.
And, increasingly, a website needs to be mobile-device friendly. To show on the tablets such as the iPad, smart phones such as iPhone and android phones. People are just unwilling to put up with trying to view a regular website that is simply shrunk in size to fit on their tiny phone screen.
Is Website to Mobile Conversion Required?
Currently, many more consumers still view websites on their desktops, however, the fastest growing segment in computing is the mobile device. And it is growing exponentially each year. This means that you need to get in front of this trending now!
Converting your website to mobile friendly is reason enough to look at re-design of your traditional site. But marketing effectiveness is the elephant in the room with regard to whether your site needs updating.
Contact Colorado website designer Jon Camrud for a free analysis of your current website. We’ll look at it from the standpoints of usability, “curb appeal”, Google ranking potential, mobile devise compatibility, and social media friendliness.
It is always best to look at things holistically, so I don’t just look at freshness, I evaluate how best to convert your website to mobile reponsive for your business, and how I can help the site rank higher in Google search, as well as Bing searches.
It’s time your website started working harder for you!